- Display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student either inside or outside the campus of the Institution are strictly prohibited.
- Teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to a student or asking a student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do either inside or outside the campus of the Institution are also prohibited.
- Insulting the students and giving mental torture will also lead to his / her summary dismissal from the Institution.
- Further, those who contravene the above proviso will also have to face action under section 4 of Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997. Hence students are strictly warned against indulging in ragging or eveteasing in any manner.
RAGGING IN ANY FORM, INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS IS BANNED
National Anti Ragging Help Line
24×7 Toll Free Number* (1800-180-5522)
ANY STUDENTS FOUND INDULGING IN RAGGING / HARASSING A FELLOW STUDENT WILL BE PUNISHED AS FOLLOWS
- cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.